Michelle Branch to Return to Pop Music


Michelle Branch, best known for early-naughts hits like "Everywhere" and "All You Wanted," is planning her return to pop music.

The singer has been in London writing a "fun" and "creative" album with producers Jim Irvin and Julian Emrey, according to Perez Hilton. In a Ustream chat, Branch said, "I have 11 or 12 songs ready to go right now and I'm going to go in studio in January and start recording them. I'm really confident I will have this record out by next summer."

Branch took a break from pop music after 2003's Hotel Paper, which made it to number two in the U.S. She then released 2006's Stand Still, Look Pretty as part of country duo The Wreckers, which featured the hit "Leave the Pieces."

Her newest solo project probably won't include her new country sound, though. Branch said, "This record is more in the vein of my first record, which I would say was a pop record."

Will you be buying Michelle Branch's new album?

MSMPR does not own the rights to the image above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers