Sarah Palin Says There's a Double Standard for Crying

In an interview with Good Morning America, former Alaskan Governor Sarah said that even today, there is a double standard when it comes to women expressing their emotions.

Palin addressed incoming House Minority Leader John Boehner’s propensity for tears and said that the public deals differently with men and women politicians crying.

“I don’t know if a woman would be given a pass necessarily,” she said. “I respect John Boehner because he has worn his feelings on his sleeve on things that are so important to him ... and I give him that pass, too. But that’s one of those things where a double standard certainly is applied. I’m sure if I got up there and did a speech and I started breaking down and cried about how important it is to me that our children and our grandchildren are provided great opportunities, I’m sure that I would be knocked a little bit for that.”

Readers, do you agree with Palin’s remarks? Have you ever cried in public and been criticized for it?

MSMPR24seven does not own the rights to the image above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers