What's better than being on the set of Gossip Girl?


Sorry I've been MIA since Friday, readers! Continental has unfortunately not equipped their planes with wifi - they also don't have pillows or blankets on any of their flights, just so you know.

Before I start the rant, I mean blog, I would like to sincerely thank everyone who read the blog and voted in the Scott Pilgrim vs. The World contest. I would also like to wish a sincere congratulations to GGG for winning the competition. Even though I still believe Eleisha Eagle should have won, it is an incredible victory nonetheless.

Now, to the heart of the matter: last Thursday was a banner day for this blogger; so many exciting things happened that it was hard to concentrate on things like packing, sleeping, or anything else that was vital to my sanity during the past three days.

First, I got offered a job during the semester. I know, why should you care? Honestly, you shouldn't care too much about my new job. But, you should care about the importance of keeping in touch with potential employers. Last year I applied for a position on my school's campus with Verizon. Although I didn't get that position, I kept in touch with the woman in charge of hiring and voila! New job! Sometimes I believe PR stands for persistence - so I thought I would share the necessity of being patient and persisting.

Second, I got to hang out on the set of Gossip Girl for the latter part of the day. There are too many fabulous - and confidential - details to explain here, but let me just say for the people that think Gossip Girl is losing its edge: you could not be more wrong.

Finally, while I thought there could be nothing more exciting that getting to hang around Ed Westwick and Leighton Meester, I found out there was: the news that BP had (finally) managed to stop the oil leak - for the time being.

As a Louisiana native, I've got to say that this news brought a bizarre rush of emotions: relief that the leak had stopped, anger that it had taken this long, worry that the cap wouldn't hold, etc.

Even now, it's hard to sit here and not shake with anger with all that is wrong with the oil leak and the way it has been handled in the past few months - by the media, government, BP, etc. I'll try to leave out my own personal opinions, but as a Louisianian, I can say that we're not holding our breath that the problems in the Gulf are going to be solved any time soon. Plus, there's always hurricane season to look forward to...

I would like to thank all the celebrities that helped with the Gulf telethon and in raising awareness through their charity work, social media sites, etc: Sophia Bush, Ian Somerhalder, Alyssa Milano, Jenny McCarthy, Chelsea Handler, Austin Nichols, Kathy Griffin, Nicole Richie, to just name a few. It's easy to care about something when nations and other governments are concerned, but it speaks volumes when you lend your names and voices to a cause when it is not timely, newsworthy, or popular. Thank you all so much.


@ClaireMBiggs

P.s. - I've been hearing that our comment box on the web site is malfunctioning. For the time being, please send me your comments, thoughts, complaints via Twitter and I will address them as best I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers