Miu Miu - I love you


Ah, September - a fashionista's favorite time of year. Boasting Fashion Week and Fashion's Night Out among other things, September is a time to marvel at beauty, creation, and magic. And thankfully, September now arrives in August.


If you're a devoted reader of fashion magazines, you know that the September issues are the most important to come out all year - and you'll know that the issues actually arrive a month earlier. I, for one, cannot wait to grab my Vogue, Vanity Fair, Elle, Harper's Bazaar, and flip through the glossy pages.


But, alas, it's not September (or even August) yet. Until then, I get my fashion fix on sites like the Cartoon Styles blog (http://cartoonstyles.blogspot.com/). Just a few days ago, I came across the new Miu Miu ads for the Fall/Winter 2010/11 seasons.


Miu Miu, I love you - that is all I can say. I thought I knew what magnificence was when I saw your shoes with birds in flight painted on the heels last season - that is, until I saw the bows on your collars and metal flower details on your garments.


That is when I realized what magnificence truly is.


I'm as much of a fan of utilitarian looks as the next girl, but I silently cheered when I discovered that feminine touches are back with a pretty vengeance! Hurrah! Bring on the seductive hues and lace details! Surprise me with bows and pleating! Dazzle me with sequins and feathers and voluminous shapes!


With only a few weeks until the September issues hit the stands, I can relax knowing that femininity is once again reigning supreme and rearing its regal and beautiful mane.


The photos above are from the Miu Miu Fall/Winter 2010/11 seasons and are not my property.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers