Cooler than @KimKardashian Tweeting My Friend...

A few days ago I posted about how Taylor Swift was a prime example of positive self-promotion. Today, I want to invite you all (or, y'all as we say in Louisiana) to show Taylor Swift you can do her one better!

Your challenge of the week: Find a cause you care about and promote it. True, it's not self-promotion, but that's why it's a challenge. Let's face it, who doesn't like to talk about themselves? Now stop being so narcissistic for one minute and focus on someone else for a change!

For example, yesterday my friend Michelle Dufrene (@therealmeesh) led her team in the 2010 Take Steps for Crohn's and Colitis walk in New Orleans. Now, here is just one of the many reasons Michelle is awesome: last year her team, Team Peace, raised over $5,200 before the walk - more than any other team that participated!

I know, I know. It's not THAT difficult to promote someone as amazing as she is, but it's still work. So, in a test run of what I'm about to ask you to do, I decided to spend 24 hours promoting Michelle's walk, her cause, and her badassness.

First, Facebook. We're all on it, so let's use it to our advantage. I tagged Michelle in my post (by using the @ sign and typing her name) and promoted her cause in my status. Everyone who visited my page or her page that day saw my post promoting her cause.

Second, Twitter. Michelle is on Twitter, and she loves Kim Kardashian. So, I though, what would be cooler than having Kim Kardashian tweet Michelle good luck?! (Note: I'm still waiting for you, Kim Kardashian, to tweet Michelle!)

Third, this blog. OK, I'll admit. I'm cheating a bit here, but I'm only using this blog to show you how easy it is to make yourself "heard" on the Internet. Promise. Believe me, if I can write a blog, you can to. Seriously, take this from the girl who can't work most modern technologies.

So, not only did I help get Michelle's cause out there, I used three different social networking sites/media to do it!

Now it's your turn! Go get 'em, future snarky bloggers! Promote your cause and do it with pizzazz! (Pizzazz? Still a cool word? No? Try flair or oomph!)

First one to post me their blog/Facebook post/Tweet about their cause will be featured in the blog tomorrow!! Ooh! Look at me, offering incentives! Now quick! Open your laptops and get going!

p.s. - Brownie points and a shout-out are in it for those of you who tweet @KimKardashian and ask her to tweet Michelle (just make sure you post my name in it too, so I can see it)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers