Demi Lovato Reveals She Suffers from Bipolar Disorder, Joins "Love is Louder" Movement



Demi Lovato, who has recently spent time at a treatment facility for emotional problems, is taking very brave and honest steps to be open about her struggles.

The actress and singer revealed, among other things, her struggle with food and cutting, and yesterday, she announced she is suffering from bipolar disorder.

Demi announced:

"I never found out until I went into treatment that I was bipolar. Looking back it makes sense. There were times when I was so manic, I was writing seven songs in one night and I'd be up until 5:30 in the morning."

This announcement comes days after Catherine Zeta-Jones publicly sought treatment for bipolar II disorder. At the time, Lovato tweeted her encouragement, saying, "I don't know Catherine Zeta-Jones personally but what she has decided to do it SO brave.. And SO difficult but worth it... I'm proud of her."

Lovato recently joined the "Love is Louder" movement with Seventeen Magazine, telling her fans to remember that "Love is Louder than the pressure to be perfect." For more on the movement, please visit http://loveislouder.com/.

Readers, if you or someone you know is suffering from bipolar disorder, please visit the National Institute of Mental Health's page here: http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/bipolar-disorder/complete-index.shtml.

MSMPR24seven does not own the rights to the picture above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers