The Bag You Need to Have NOW


I know I promised a post on what to eat in Midtown and when you’re on your way to a Broadway show, but I’m preempting that post for one about fashion – because as much as I love food, fashion comes first, especially when it involves venturing to the Empire State Building.

Yesterday, my post centered on the staggering costs of most high couture pieces, and I offered up Barney’s and Bergdorf’s as places to hit for a sale. But let’s get real for a minute. For most of us, any piece of clothing priced over $1,000 is not considered a sale; if anything, it’s considered a splurge that requires postponing a mortgage payment to afford. To be honest, as much as I love designer brands, I’m much more content to head to H&M for their dresses, which are priced starting at just $34.

Which brings me to the point of this post: no matter what price point she shops at, every woman carries a bag of some sort. I was lucky enough to be able to visit the LeSportsac offices at the Empire State Building today, and I cannot rave enough about their affordable and beyond cute bags.

Coming in different styles and patterns (did you know they produce ten different patterns a month?!) these bags are wonderful, because they are fashionable, practical, and recessionista-friendly. Starting at just $20, these bags come in all forms: cosmetic bags, baby bags, and even bags for the guy in your life.

Of course, only buyers and the occasional lucky blogger get to have a sneak peak at LeSportsac’s showrooms in the Empire State Building. For those of you New Yorkers craving a budget-friendly price tag on a bag sure to make all your friends jealous, check out LeSportsac locations on 118 Greene Street, 1065 Madison Ave., or 656 Avenue of the Americas.

Special thanks to the lovely Katie Rehbein, the specialty account executive, who gave me a behind-the-scenes peak at what LeSportsac has to offer this season. For more information on LeSportsac, check out their web site at http://www.lesportsac.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers